WELCOME to the Coach's Corner!
This portion of our site is dedicated to the information, education and support of
our coaches in Saskatchewan.
For coaching questions or concerns please feel free to contact the office REGISTRATION INFORMATION
MIDGET YOUTH TRI PROVINCE COACHING POSITIONS
Saskatchewan Athletics is now accepting applications for both Midget and Youth Tri Province teams for the roles of Head Coach, Event Area Coaches, and Manager. The 2017 Tri Province Meet will take place in Winnipeg, Manitoba on July 14-16, 2017.
Further Information or contact Jill George - email@example.com
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR 2017
The IAAF would like to remind all athletes, and their support personnel, that the 2017 Prohibited List will come into effect on 1 January 2017. We strongly encourage you to be aware of the changes which have been made by WADA in advance of its introduction in the New Year. Specifically, we recommend to you the four key links or pieces of information below:
4. The IAAF also encourages all athletes to use resources available from their national anti-doping organisation for further information on the List, and to access useful tools like http://www.globaldro.com/">www.globaldro.com to check whether medications are permitted or prohibited.
In addition to the information above, the IAAF has provided a short summary of key additions and clarification to the List in 2017 which athletes should be aware of. This information should not replace the need to access or refer to the full prohibited list.
Added in 2017:
· GATA inhibitors (e.g., K-11706) and Transforming Growth Factor- β (TGF-β) inhibitors (e.g., sotatercept, luspatercept)
· Lisdexamfetamine is currently prohibited. In 2017 it will be classed as a non-specified stimulant.
· Nicomorphine was added. It is an opioid analgesic drug, which is converted to morphine following administration.
Other important clarifications:
· Salbutamol: Dosing parameters of salbutamol were refined to make it clear that the full 24-hour dose should not be administered at one time; For inhaled salbutamol: maximum 1600 micrograms over 24 hours, not to exceed 800 micrograms every 12 hours.
· Clarification that supplemental oxygen administered intravenously is prohibited, but administration by inhalation is permitted
· Higenamnie is documented to be a constituent of the plant Tinospora crispa, which can be found in some dietary supplements and is a prohibited non-selective beta-2-agonist.
· The following were added to the 2017 Monitoring Programme to establish patterns of use:
o Concurrent use of multiple beta-2-agonists
· Clarification on Phenylethylamine: Regular food consumption will not yield sufficient levels of phenylethylamine to result in an Adverse Analytical Finding.
RESPECT IN SPORT (RiS)
Mandatory Requirement for all Saskatchewan Coaches
NCCP PROGRAM INFORMATION
All coaches in all sports need to take Making Ethical Decisions (MED) Course and/or on-line evaluation:
Free e-learning On Line Module (Making Headway - Concussion e-learning series)
CONFERENCES & EVENTS
Sask Athletics is seeking Track & Field Instructors
to work with Youth
Contact the Office for more information
SPORT MEDICINE & SCIENCE COUNCIL OF SASKATCHEWAN
PROVINCIAL COACHING APPLICATION FORMS
Head Coach - Selection & Responsibilities
Assistant Coach - Selection & Responsibilities
Team Manager - Selection & Responsibilities
WOMEN IN COACHING
The Canadian Journal For Women and Coaching ONLINE is available at http://www.coach.ca/women/e/journal/index.htm
ARTICLES & RESOURCES
ALTIS 360 - Track & Field Resource for on-line content (replaces CACC)