Coach Initiation in Sport is an online NCCP module developed to introduce new or experienced coaches to the foundational skills in coaching. The Coach initiation in Sport module will also introduce coaches to the NCCP, a valuable tool for preparing for a coach's first in-person NCCP workshop.
For more information click here:
SASK ATHLETICS PRESENTS:
Club Coach NCCP Course - Saskatoon - April 28-30, 2017
Introduction to Competition
This National Coaching Certification Programme (NCCP) course within the competition stream targets coaches with previous experience in Athletics.
Friday; 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturday; 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday; 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Ideal for school educators and/or coaches in clubs. This workshop assists those who are coaching athletes who have a foundation in athletics or come from a multi-sport environment, coaching athletes ages 15-17 or coaches seasonally, 12-24 weeks/year and/or 3-5 sessions/week
- Coaches will expand their knowledge and skills in one event area, seasonal planning, understand combined events, and be introduced to national level age group competition
- Theory Instruction - Jim Holmstrom, Friday & Saturday
- Technical Instruction - Sunday - Sprints/Hurdles, Endurance, Throws and Jumps
Fees & Information;
- Course Fee (includes course materials); $200 for Full Course or $100 for Sunday Technical Only (All fees are payable to Sask Athletics)
- Coaches will attain NCCP "trained" Club Coach status following the completion of the entire course
- Bring clothes and footwear suitable for movement
NOTE; Coaches are welcome to bring a small group of athletes (High School/Club) with them to assist with Sunday Technical portion of the course (assist instructor with demonstrating drills and techniques). If you have previously taken the course, you are welcome to attend the Sunday Technical in a different event area.
CHECK UNDER COACHES CORNER FOR Registration Information
Saskatchewan Athletics is now accepting applications for both Midget and Youth Tri Province teams for the roles of Head Coach, Event Area Coaches, and Manager. The 2017 Tri Province Meet will take place in Winnipeg, Manitoba on July 14-16, 2017.
Further Information or contact Jill George - email@example.com
Attached is an opportunity for any female athletes from 16 – 35 years to get involved in a research study that investigates the physical, psychological and social benefits for women when they participate in sport.